Library Media Center Procedures and Guidelines
The Library Media Center is a useful tool for students and faculty alike. When used properly, it is a benefit to all.
1. The Library Media Center is open before school, during lunches, and during eighth period.
- Magazines, newspapers, books and encyclopedias on the reserved shelves never leave the library during the school day. However, reference material may be borrowed overnight if arrangements are made with the Library Media Specialist and are due before 7:40 the following day (fine is 25¢ per school day).
- Books may be checked out for a two-week period with a limit of three books per student.
- A fine of 10¢ per school day is charged on overdue material.
- Charges will be made on all lost or damaged material.
- Return books to the librarian or an assistant. Do not leave books on the desk or return them to the shelves.
- Carrying a book from the library without signing for it at the desk is stealing.
- Do not lend a library book checked out in one name to another reader. If it is lost, the borrower pays for it.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the library.
- Library computers are for research and school work. The acceptable use policy applies for the computers. No games are allowed.
- Any student who comes to the library during the school day must have a note from a teacher stating the reason for his or her presence.